1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I work in the compliance department, which generally involves preparing and submitted individual self assessment tax returns.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Developed client relationship and presentation skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I note the benefits it has for the core skills beyond the technical aspects of the role.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well organised, regular contact with supervisors and training programmes organised.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Excellent support both in terms of time off, checking how my progress is going, and any issues I am having.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Excellent support from tutors if there any areas of difficulty I am having.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
Currently less so, but I do recognise that as I progress and gain responsibility it will have a greater impact.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Mainly social activities within work.
9a. Would you recommend Smith & Williamson to a friend?
An enjoyable working environment, friendly colleagues, excellent support for trainees, interesting clients to be involved with from the start.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Smith & Williamson?
Have the confidence in yourself that you deserve to be employed by them.