Private Client Tax Trainee at Smith & Williamson

Birlingham
Other
July 2020

8.6/10

I work in the compliance department, which generally involves preparing and submitted individual self assessment tax returns.

Developed client relationship and presentation skills.

I note the benefits it has for the core skills beyond the technical aspects of the role.

Very well organised, regular contact with supervisors and training programmes organised.

Excellent support both in terms of time off, checking how my progress is going, and any issues I am having.

Excellent support from tutors if there any areas of difficulty I am having.

Currently less so, but I do recognise that as I progress and gain responsibility it will have a greater impact.

Mainly social activities within work.

9a. Would you recommend Smith & Williamson to a friend?

An enjoyable working environment, friendly colleagues, excellent support for trainees, interesting clients to be involved with from the start.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Smith & Williamson?

Have the confidence in yourself that you deserve to be employed by them.