1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My job title is 'IT Technician Apprentice'. My daily tasks involve working on projects and attending related meetings. I interact with different business departments and and external suppliers. I am repsonbile for departmental KPI's and targets.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learned many new skills. I have attended relevant training courses and I spend one day per week at university studying BSc (Hons) Digital & Technology Solutions and spend the rest of the week at my workplace.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy both my workplace and my university course. BMW is a great compnay to work for and the course overall exceeds my expectations.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme is well structured and I have regular meetings with my managers and mentors.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive all of the necessary support from my employer. My managers and mentor are there to support when necessary.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Lots of support is given from my training provider. Currently, all support is remote due to COVID-19 but support is given when needed.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
Lots of my work relating to my qualification provides a theoretical background that I can put to use in my workplace.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Currently, due to COVID-19 most activates have been suspended.
9a. Would you recommend BMW Group to a friend?
BMW provide good benefits and a great working environment. There is also the possibility to travel to other sites.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BMW Group?
Candidates must be passionate about their subject area and show knowledge and previous experience and related education.