Recruitment Consultant at Alcedo Care

Wigan
July 2020

My role is to recruit new care assistants for my company, I deal with the recruitment process from start to finish - including applying for DBS checks, references, assigning and booking training for the candidates, and ensuring all of their right to work documentation is valid and correct. I also deal with general admin duties.

I have learnt a lot of new skills whilst doing my apprenticeship including delegation skills, which will help me towards my end goal of managing a team of staff. I have also learnt about business studies as a whole, and how certain factors impact the health & social industry.

I thoroughly enjoy my apprenticeship, my tutor ensures I am understanding all of my work, and pushes me to complete all of my work to the best of my ability. I find my apprenticeship interesting aswell as I am constantly learning new things which will help my career excel.

My programme is very organised, my tutor is always communicating with me if I need to upload any further work. We have regular 1 to 1 meetings to ensure I am on track for completing my programme.

My employers thoroughly support me within my programme, my manager helps me with any work that I may need extra assistance with.

Lots of support, my tutor is always at the end of the phone or available for me to send her an email/text if I need any advice on my work. She always ensures that I understand my work & will talk me through this if not.

I feel that my programme has given me a better understanding of how business structure works as a whole, and also helps me to learn new skills which will help me further my career into recruitment management.

Not as such, however I do try to organise any recruitment events where possible. I have attended local college open days in the past to promote our vacancies within health & social care.

9a. Would you recommend Alcedo Care to a friend?

I feel thoroughly supported throughout my apprenticeship and am glad I have started my programme. I look forward to finishing my programme and hopefully starting another once complete.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Alcedo Care?

N/A