1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I take part in team and client meetings to discuss a wide range of topics ranging from workload, identifying and solving problems and coordinating with other disciplines to produce a drawing(s)
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed communication skills by talking to various architects and clients across the engineering sector. Also, leadership skills when taking the lead in meetings
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I very much enjoy my programme, it’s a topic that I am very interested in and the delivery of the programme only enhances that
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It’s very well structured with a day set for University lectures every week throughout the year
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive all the necessary support which can come in the form of training courses and on the job training from colleagues
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Very good support. Numerous textbooks, past papers and past questions are freely available for use via your own personal portal at any time
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
The qualification gives me knowledge of what I do every day. So every time I attend a lecture I know that it will come in handy down the line
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
These events listed happen on a weekly, if not daily basis and cater for all of your needs. From go karting, to darts and even football, and PGN’s with colleagues , there’s not much that isn’t offered.
9a. Would you recommend WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff to a friend?
Professional and friendly environment consisting of colleagues who are always willing to help you develop in the industry
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff?
Have a keen interest in the engineering industry bans be yourself!