1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Store Manager, managing the day to day running of the store at Trafford. Manage a team of 60 to deliver KPI’s set by the xcompany
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, I have developed new skills and gained lots of insight into the marketing and buying and merchandising that goes on in a business and at our head office.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Really enjoy the course, very interesting and lots of relatable information. Gives a great insight and added understanding into how the company works.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme, is well organised, especially given the current situation. There is lots of communication between totes and our skills coach. Each weekly activity supports the coursework which provides a good base to build on.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Dunelm is very supportive of the degree, along with my line manager who is happy to support however she can. I have recently spend work experience time in head office to gain knowledge of how our buying and merchandise team work.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I feel there is a massive amount of support offered from the university! More than I would have ever imagined, everyone is really welcoming and approachable and Fiona our skills coach is always telling us about W sources we can use.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
It’s gives a greater insight and understanding into the inner workings of the company and Provides understanding as to why and how we make certain decisions as a business
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Yeah there is area team building events as well as team bonding and celebrations at store level
9a. Would you recommend Dunelm to a friend?
They are a family orientated company who recognise the importance of colleagues, and are always striving to provide a great place to work! They recognise performance and encourage development and promotion.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Dunelm?
Dunelm are looking for colleagues who are confident and chatty and love to give great customer service!