1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am on the 360 rotational programme where we rotate round the different departments and have been placed in audit for my first rotation. It varies day to day but generally it involves obtaining and compiling information from the client and then using this to complete different work papers.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It depends on which department you are placed in - so everyone's experience varies. For me the teams I've been placed with are really nice but I don't think audit is for me due to the long commutes to client site and constant long hours.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
9a. Would you recommend KPMG to a friend?
If your interested in accounting an apprenticeship route is a good route to take as an alternative to university. However whilst this is a 360 programme there is not as much opportunity to rotate and most apprentices end up in audit.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to KPMG?
Make sure you know KPMG's values and think of real life examples where you have shown those values.