Smart Futures Intern at EY

Central London & City
September 2013

Connect with EY

9.6/10

During my three weeks time as a Smart Futures Intern at EY, my days were very varied. During the first two weeks, I interacted with various internal members of the team to improve key skills that are vital in the workplace e.g. presentation skills. Then, for the last week, I was based at a client site, where I participated in a range of tasks, mostly they were writing reports that would eventually be published, so a lot of responsibility was handed over to me!

My Public Speaking skills were improved as we did presentations almost everyday as well as my team work skills

I was handed a lot of responsibility which I enjoyed, so I never got bored. The team I worked with were all nice people and the company itself is quite ethical which is important when choosing an employer.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 8 roles at EY

4. How valued do you feel by EY?

I interacted with people very high up in the company, showing how valued Smart Futures Interns are to the company

Every day was planned accurately

Regular feedback was given as well as my own Mentor and Buddy, whom I am still in contact with

Buddy and Mentors are very supportive

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 8 roles at EY

I'm currently in Sixth Form, so don't have many costs to meet as of yet!

The company is very active in volunteering and social responsibility, so if I were an employee, I probably would have lots of opportunities to participate in activities outside of work

9. Would you recommend EY to a friend?

It's an ethical company that is a market leader

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EY?

Use lots of examples in your interviews as well as practise before taking the online tests