1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Some of the day to day tasks for my role as an apprentice security architect consist of working collaboratively on new an existing designs, having regular meetings with customers, colleagues, managers. Some of my recent work involved working with a pretty large company to develop firewall policies to provide extra security.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
As this is my first year, Fujitsu have done an excellent job with my development path and I am constantly learning new things on the job all the time. The training is the best I have ever seen. I study at MMU, where I go once a week and really enjoying my time their.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Could not think of a better programme, Both Fujitsu and MMU have been amazing and they really make you feel welcome and part of something.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
If i ever need something both my mentor an manager are always there to help and support me, either work related at at home. The whole team has been brill.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
It helps to build confidence in what you are doing and provide some context when having conversations with customers and colleagues. Gaining the additional skills in Uni definitely helps you perform better in your job better.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Yep you are encourage to participate in these events, we get invites and emails to all sorts of activities.
9a. Would you recommend Fujitsu to a friend?
Amazing employer and apprenticeship
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Fujitsu?
Be yourself, if you like computing and emerging tech definitely go for it.