1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Managing risk and project operations from a security perspective.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I've learnt everything I know about Cyber Security from CGI, allowing me to achieve industry qualifications and succeed at university.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
CGI is very good and knows how to motivate the students. However, the university has its problems.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Lots of support from CGI
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Not a lot of support from the university which is very frustrating
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I believe I have learnt more in the office than I have at university
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Lots and lots! We have a sports and social club which is full of things to do. We also have regular student nights.
9a. Would you recommend CGI to a friend?
The culture at CGI is really welcoming, the opportunities are incredible and the colleagues are amazing. I have already recommended CGI to other people.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to CGI?
Just enjoy it, it's an amazing and rare experience.