1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role is an apprentice electrician. My day to day involves learning about the role of a qualified electrician, hands on experience and college based learning
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I feel it’s quite unorganised and unstructured.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The imputes is on the individual to push to get the work to complete the NVQ based learning. I receive little help from my employer
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I cannot rate them highly enough. They are the reason I’m going to pass this qualification
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I don’t feel that the portfolio necessarily benefits the work. I do feel however that the classroom based learning and the exams are crucial
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
9a. Would you recommend SSE to a friend?
Good bunch of lads, the guys on the ground are brilliant, incredibly helpful, the office staff however, not so much!
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to SSE?
Take your time, learn as much as you can from as many people as you can