C&I level 3 Apprentice at AWE

Aldermaston
June 2020

Connect with AWE

7.5/10

Maintaining control systems, calibrating process equipment and fixing breakdowns on production equipment and systems

I have definitely learnt many new skills since working at AWE and have developed my existing skills throughout my apprenticeship

I do enjoy the programme a lot. The uncertainty of where you will end up is a bit daunting but on the whole it’s a great company to work for with great benefits (every other Friday off work).

Reasonably well organised, however there is definitely room for improvement. Covid-19 has definitely made it more difficult for us apprentices to get the work done required for evidence

I feel like my employe provides a lot of support as well as being really understanding and flexible

A reasonable amount. If you need help just ask!

It gives me a better base level of understanding so that I know what I’m doing in my job and why it is important

Yes, all of the above!

9a. Would you recommend AWE to a friend?

Because of all the great benefits, the pay is great and you get every other Friday off work and 29 days of leave a year!

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to AWE?

Just go for it. Definitely worth your effort