1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Maintaining control systems, calibrating process equipment and fixing breakdowns on production equipment and systems
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have definitely learnt many new skills since working at AWE and have developed my existing skills throughout my apprenticeship
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I do enjoy the programme a lot. The uncertainty of where you will end up is a bit daunting but on the whole it’s a great company to work for with great benefits (every other Friday off work).
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Reasonably well organised, however there is definitely room for improvement. Covid-19 has definitely made it more difficult for us apprentices to get the work done required for evidence
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I feel like my employe provides a lot of support as well as being really understanding and flexible
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
A reasonable amount. If you need help just ask!
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
It gives me a better base level of understanding so that I know what I’m doing in my job and why it is important
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Yes, all of the above!
9a. Would you recommend AWE to a friend?
Because of all the great benefits, the pay is great and you get every other Friday off work and 29 days of leave a year!
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to AWE?
Just go for it. Definitely worth your effort