Data scientist at Santander

Leicestershire
Degree Apprenticeship
May 2020

Connect with Santander

Mainly using SAS to analyse data, potential to use python for more advanced analysis

Yes, I have learnt how to code from scratch. Before the apprenticeship, I had no coding knowledge and now I am proficient in 2/3 languages.

Really enjoy the programme, great to have exposure to different areas of the bank.

Well, looking forwards to starting the university part.

A lot of support, have multiple points of contact which is very useful.

A lot, someone is always available for help or guidance.

It gives me the basic understanding of coding to adapt to the different roles and enhance when I feel applicable.

Yes, some networking events

9a. Would you recommend Santander to a friend?

Great company to work for, fair salary and good opportunities

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Santander?

Be yourself, try to learn as much as you can from different people. Make the most of the interview and try to give your opinion, not the opinion you think they want to hear.