1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Business Administration Apprentiship involves moving across many placements within 2 years. It is to ensure that we gain the knowledge and experience needed to go out in the business. Daily tasks involve: responding to emails, calls and visitors. Printing, and day to day tasks which are needed. Every placement is different
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed existing skills which have been very beneficial for me. I have also learned many new skills within working for AWE. I have found that my communication skills have developed very well as I can now hold a conversation with new members without finding it too awkward. I also find it great to adapt to others in tasks
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoy working at AWE as a whole. They look after you there very well and you are treated fairly. I enjoy my programme quite a lot. There are a few areas in which I do not like but overall a great experience for young adults who want to develop skills in the business.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It is not structured very well. IT has been a difficult situation to find placements for all individuals. We are still unclear where we are going to be placed next. Furthermore, we were told to have a NVQ out of this programme but that being said, that has been cancelled out.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive loads of support from my employer. I feel like I can turn to my employer on most occasions about any issues that I am having. She is very understanding on the terms that everyone has issues and she will deal with them fairly and accordingly. She is an amazing employer
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I have received quite a lot of good support from my training provider. If im stuck on anything, she is always happy to help if there is a problem. I do not ever feel worried to ask for help which is great to have in a business. I am very thankful
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I dont really feel that the work given for the qualification is always relevant and sometimes I do not believe that it helps me perform better in my role. Most things in the assignments are straight forward and mainly only use common sense for the answers. Most of the things, I already am aware of.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There isnt that many extra-curricular activities that I get involved with. There have been some times where we have volunteered to undergo activities/social meets but have been let down. But if there are opportunities for meetings etc, I always would like to attend and then put myself forward for.
9a. Would you recommend AWE to a friend?
There are hundreds of different roles within AWE - there will be something for everyones needs. They really help you develop in the business and take good care for you. They also have a lot of benefits when working for AWE. For example, a pension scheme, discounts, sick pay and so on.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to AWE?
When applying for AWE, make sure that you read the description and needs for the role. There are many job offers coming up and so keep an eye out until something really appeals to you, Make sure you also re read your CV before applying because you do not want any false/inaccurate information on there,