Aon Insurance apprentice at Aon

East of England
February 2015

I work within the ARS part of Aon dealing with PI renewals for accountants and construction clients. I have to carry out various duties such as calling clients, debits and MTA's. I also due with Insurers to get revised terms for clients.

Yes various insurance knowledge and further enhanced my telephone skills.

Very, lots of interesting tasks to carry out and I enjoy learning the Insurance knowledge and being put through the exams.

4. How valued do you feel by Aon?

Great benefits from the company.

very organised with different tasks such as lunch and learn however at the start when applying you do not know which area you could be going into.

Revision secessions and an online sysytem however I feel these should be more frequent.

Alot as they pay for all the insurance exams and provide a mentor and a buddy when starting.

Great starting wage for an apprenticeship, covers travel and personal expenses well.

They have a volunteer opportunity to help build schools abroad however I feel there could be more events such as networking.

9. Would you recommend Aon to a friend?

Great training and suppourt provided. The introduction was a great start to the company via the different tasks and team bulding.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aon?

Be yourself and honest about what you want out of the apprenticeship. Ask any questions no matter how stupid you think they may be. Be confident but a good team player.