1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role is to provide our clients and internal colleagues with fine art shipping quotes to send client property around the world. I approach approved Fine Art shippers for quotes and then send these quotes to the client/relevant colleague. The job also involves complex movements, such as moving property back and fourth from multiple countries which can be very fun to arrange.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I developed communcation skills, strong organisation skills and a sharp attention to detail skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The apprenticeship was very enjoyable, particularly becuase my department was very friendly and supportive.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Whitehat is an excellent appreticeship provider who are very supportive from the get go. They are very professional and helpful, and also have an apprentice community.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Christies were very supportive and understanding throughout the programme. I was given half a day every week to do all my apprenticeship work which was very helpful and allowed me to be productive.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Whitehat were very supportive. They are professional, responsive and can help in any situation.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I now have a better understanding of how my business operates, and how companies in general are affected by both internal and external factors.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
9a. Would you recommend Christie's to a friend?
A good employer who strive for the well being of their staff and make the job/atmosphere as enjoyable as possible.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Christie's?
Make sure you are organised, can think on your feet and have strong communication skills.