Art Transport Apprentice at Christie's

Victoria, Greater London
April 2020

My role is to provide our clients and internal colleagues with fine art shipping quotes to send client property around the world. I approach approved Fine Art shippers for quotes and then send these quotes to the client/relevant colleague. The job also involves complex movements, such as moving property back and fourth from multiple countries which can be very fun to arrange.

I developed communcation skills, strong organisation skills and a sharp attention to detail skills.

The apprenticeship was very enjoyable, particularly becuase my department was very friendly and supportive.

Whitehat is an excellent appreticeship provider who are very supportive from the get go. They are very professional and helpful, and also have an apprentice community.

Christies were very supportive and understanding throughout the programme. I was given half a day every week to do all my apprenticeship work which was very helpful and allowed me to be productive.

Whitehat were very supportive. They are professional, responsive and can help in any situation.

I now have a better understanding of how my business operates, and how companies in general are affected by both internal and external factors.

Plenty

9a. Would you recommend Christie's to a friend?

A good employer who strive for the well being of their staff and make the job/atmosphere as enjoyable as possible.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Christie's?

Make sure you are organised, can think on your feet and have strong communication skills.