1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
As a safety Champion I currently support two RBM and two district by providing training to the teams and managers, auditing businesses, coaching and guiding teams. I also provide menu training, review risk assessments, assist with cooking matrexis and organise and hold Remodel training within the kitchens.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Absolutely. Despite the fact, that I only have attended two classes I be learned how to make stock, how to fillet a fish, how to make Creme de anglais, how to clean and trim meat and many more
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I absolutely love it!
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
As much as I need
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I have a fantastic tutor [This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions] who is even during the lockdown assisting me and helping me to develop my culinary skills
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
Absolutely. I am gaining new skills and learning new techniques, that means in the future I can easily move brands and work independently if required
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
I also entered MAB star chef competition (I created meal for a gala evening for 500 participants) and I am currently a finalist (cook off was postponed due to a social distancing) and I am determined to win.
9a. Would you recommend Mitchells & Butlers to a friend?
I think it's a good company to work for. Allows to achieve ambitions .
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mitchells & Butlers?
Be hard working, be honest, drive for success and only sky is your limit