1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a FOH apprentice so i deal with guests that come into the pub. I pour drinks aswell as serving people food and taking orders at the bar. I work football days and weekends which get very busy.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt many new skills as i had never work in hospitality before.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy it very much, i enjoy meeting new people as well as learning new things. I have made loads of new friends also love the regulars that come in.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I would say it is organised in some way but could be better.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I probably receive just as much support as other employees
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I get some support but whenever I email him i barely ever get a response.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
Honestly i don’t think my qualification is making me perform better in my role. I choose to do better because i want to.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
No sure, other then Mable
9a. Would you recommend Mitchells & Butlers to a friend?
Because they have many great pubs and restaurants, also it is a great place to work.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mitchells & Butlers?
You make great friends and learn so much about the company.