1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Assistant manager. Opening and closing the business safely. Leading and developing the team. Managing the shift so things run smoothly. Recruiting new team members. General daily admin/due diligence.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, my apprenticeship has helped me focus on weaknesses such as data analysis.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Its great, I have a new trainer too who is super helpful.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well. It is clear what I have to do.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Enough. If I ask for help I always get it. Sometimes it is difficult have my hours for meetings paid.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
As much as I need.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
It helps me look at the bigger picture of what I am doing and to thing of better ways of doing things.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
9a. Would you recommend Mitchells & Butlers to a friend?
I have found my time with everyone I work with great. I get left alone to do my job however if I need support I only have to ask once.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mitchells & Butlers?
You must be able to cope with fast pace and unexpected changes.