1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My day-to-day role is to import all the artwork and items that are coming into England from outside the EU. I also have the responsibility of the more admin based tasks such as adding charges to shipments that shippers have charged us for their service.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Since this is my first serious job just learning to adapt to the new environment has definitely developed and the way in which I communicate with fellow employees or people outside the organisation. My IT skills have improved as well.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoy the programme as everyone is incredibly friendly and welcoming, and you can ask questions without feeling like you are interrupting their day. We frequently communicate which means that you both know what it going on at that point in time and if their has been any changes.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It is very well organised and structured the people know what they're doing and are very helpful with constructive criticism and the changes that could be done to improve our work.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive a lot of support from my employer as i frequently communicate with a variety of employees around the organisation who genuinely seem to want to know how I am getting on. There are regular meetings with HR, my manager and my employer has given me a mentor which is highly beneficial.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I receive a lot of support from my training provider e talk nearly every week about what stage i am with the current assignment, how I am getting on with the qualifications as a whole and lastly how i feel about taking my qualifications at the end and what i can do now to try and overcome those worries.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
It helps me with time management as i have a well structured day-to-day plan of what I am doing at what time. It also helps me keep to deadlines if something needs to be completed on the same day as an assignment.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There are many extra activities such as charity event (baking and talks), Lectures from professors about their specialised subject, The Augusta group which is for the women in the company to hold events and meet up. As well as Christie's Lates which is open to the public where outside artists can showcase their art.
9a. Would you recommend Christie's to a friend?
Christie's is a great company to work for you are well looked after and they seem to genuinely care about their employees even if you are just an apprentice. The variety of items we auction are incredibly interesting and it's great to see what goes on behind the scenes of an auction house.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Christie's?
Just be yourself :)