1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
As a Bid Apprentice is to take control, manage and facilitate bids that have been identified by the Client Managers. It is my responsibility to ensure the process of bids are sufficiently maintained from meeting deadlines, to ensuring that the quality of our work is to a winning standard.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Since becoming a Bid Manager Apprentice, I have learnt to become more resilient in the workplace. I have developed my communication skills as I spend a lot of my time talking to my Bid Team as well as Senior Stakeholders.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I do enjoy my Apprencticeship both in the workplace and the coursework set. It gives me new challenges each day, and at the same time broadening my horizons on understadning Bidding and the general working atmoshophere.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My Apprenticeship has been set out with great clarity. I understand what I need to do and when i need to do it by, and I can always reach out to my assessor for help and guidance with no trouble.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive a great deal of support from Roke. They are very encouraging of Apprenticeships, so they are keen to help where and when they can.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Plenty. My training provider provide plenty of support and guidance when I need it.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
It maps out a lot of work I can do in the workplace that'll help boost my confidence and decsion making.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Yes, plenty. We have a sports and social club on site. We have a gym, tennis courts and other activities such as pilates and "boot camp" training.
9a. Would you recommend Roke to a friend?
All of what I have said above. Roke is a part of the Chemring PLC, who treat they're employees very well. Roke is set in Romsey in an old Manor, hence the name. It is a really beautiful site.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Roke?
Do not be afraid to step out your comfort zone. Roke pushes you to be the best you can.