1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My daily tasks are to learn the operations and process of making Salbutamol Sulphate which goes into Ventolin inhalers. I am responsible for my development, so have to keep myLearning up to date, as well as go on any relevant courses required. I get involved in problem solving and cleaning of the building I work in.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt many new skills since beginning my apprenticeship, for example basic knowledge of the plant I am working on and how to use specialised equipment. I have developed teamwork, communication and problem solving since starting at GSK.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoy my apprenticeship, I like to be challenged so this kind of environment is perfect for me. It is very interesting as I also get an insight to many different departments on site and what they do in relation to producing.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I have already received a lot of support from my training provider, she is available whenever I need it and always responds promptly and in detail.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I have only just finished my first assessment through my training provider so I don't really know yet.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Not that I am aware of, but I am site lead for Nxt Gen so hope to get these organised in the future.
9a. Would you recommend GSK to a friend?
It is a great place to work, it provides you with many different opportunities to develop skills and learn new ones. There is scope for me to move into different areas/departments of the business if I did want to in the future.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to GSK?
Definitely go for it.