Apprentice Process Technician at GSK

Montrose
April 2020

Connect with GSK

8.4/10

My daily tasks are to learn the operations and process of making Salbutamol Sulphate which goes into Ventolin inhalers. I am responsible for my development, so have to keep myLearning up to date, as well as go on any relevant courses required. I get involved in problem solving and cleaning of the building I work in.

I have learnt many new skills since beginning my apprenticeship, for example basic knowledge of the plant I am working on and how to use specialised equipment. I have developed teamwork, communication and problem solving since starting at GSK.

I really enjoy my apprenticeship, I like to be challenged so this kind of environment is perfect for me. It is very interesting as I also get an insight to many different departments on site and what they do in relation to producing.

I have already received a lot of support from my training provider, she is available whenever I need it and always responds promptly and in detail.

I have only just finished my first assessment through my training provider so I don't really know yet.

Not that I am aware of, but I am site lead for Nxt Gen so hope to get these organised in the future.

9a. Would you recommend GSK to a friend?

It is a great place to work, it provides you with many different opportunities to develop skills and learn new ones. There is scope for me to move into different areas/departments of the business if I did want to in the future.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to GSK?

Definitely go for it.