1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Assisting the HSQE team with tasks such as creating reports from incident data, reviewing and updating risk assessments and Health and safety policy.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Time management, planning, communication. Vast amounts of new information about the health and safety world.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The team and wider company have been very welcoming, the company culture is excellent. I have enjoyed learning lots of new information on my University course.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Fairly well. There are clear objectives and outcomes, but there have been some teething troubles initially.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
As much as I could need, from my manager and team. I will soon begin mentoring which will be very useful.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Plenty, the tutors are available and happy to answer any questions, and they are very approachable.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
In the long term very well, because I will have a full grounding in the theory backed up by significant time gaining experience.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Yes, I go running at lunchtime with a group twice a week which has been great, as well as playing table tennis on the other lunchtimes.
9a. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend?
There is lots of opportunity to move around the business and it is a big business with many interesting areas. Also the company culture is great.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens?
Do you research on your role and have strong reasons why you are applying for that job. Find the job specification and know and be able to talk about 3 examples from your experience to illustrate that you meet each aspect.