1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Assistant manager of a hungry horse pub. Responsible for stock, beer order, cellar upkeep, general staff management
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed further my knowledge of health and safety as well developing my business skills. I have learnt more about equality and diversity in the workplace and discovered new leadership styles which I've been able to apply to my current job role allowing me to progress my career further.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoyed my programme throughout. My trainers were very knowledgeable and helped me through my progression. The structure of the course was easy to follow and went along well with my job role meaning I could do both simultaneously and it didn't cause any issue interfering with work. I really enjoyed it.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme was very well structured. From start to finish there was a clear path to follow making it easy to understand what goals had been set and how to achieve them. The organisation was well carried out also and meant I could schedule visits with my trainer very easily.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer was very supportive initially to promote training in all elements of the job. They managed to reach everybody in the company and could offer a training plan that could suit everyone if they chose it. They promote employees on the apprenticeship scheme and also reward hard work and effort accordingly.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Lifetime training was very supportive. There team of skilled and knowledgeable individuals meant it was easy for me to learn the course provided. They were always contactable through telephone or email and offered any additional support I had required. Everyone I worked with from the company was very good at their job.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
A lot of skills involved with my role I had learned through the job itself. However, there were many things I still had to learn through the apprenticeship scheme and that made it easier for me to do my job having acquired that knowledge. The training allows me to perform my job more effectively.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There are currently not many extra curricular activities. However we are a close work team and always have the option to see eachother outside of work. We often have team get together or staff nights out when we can such as bowling or going for a meal. The company has some events where staff can attend.
9a. Would you recommend Greene King to a friend?
The job role is rewarding and I have complete faith in the company and the values they hold are the same as mine. There is complete transparency from the top to the bottom and everyone knows where they are at. There is always support available to us if needed. They have shown great behaviours through the current COVID 19 situation
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Greene King?
Have no doubt they are a fantastic company to work for and have allowed me to progress my career and learn valuable new skills. Whatever job role you are applying for I'm sure there is a fantastic opportunity to enjoy your career and expand your knowledge of the hospitality industry.