1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I was assisting on audits and testing financial statement line items.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I learnt lots of new skills and developed my audit knowledge that I had built up from university.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Although tough at times, I really enjoyed the programme and got to develop lots of skills. It was a very good experience of what working in audit would be like.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Everything is very well organised and structured clearly for us to see our learning and career paths.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I was given lots of support throughout my placement and was made aware from the very beginning that support would be readily available if and when I would require it.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
We were contacted frequently by the training provider to ensure everything was okay and even had a mid placement catch up to discuss any positive or negative things we were feeling about the programme.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
It definitely provided a good basis for me to work from and a lot of what I had learnt was applied to my work which made things much easier for me.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Yes everyone is part of a social group that organises events frequently and gives us a chance to network and get to know members of the office.
9a. Would you recommend PwC to a friend?
Throughout my placement I was able to see how supportive the company was of its employees and also saw the opportunities to learn and advance. PwC is also a very flexible place of work and tries to consider the needs of its employees.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PwC?
Look into audit and ensure it is what you want to do and research the firm and its opportunities.