1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Producing letters, answering calls and working with clients
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt how to handle members on phone calls and how to administer
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the program mostly because of the people and company. The work is also interesting.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme could be more organised so we get taught the same thing. The programme with the training provider could be organised better as some of requirements are unclear.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
There is always someone to help you and no-one wouldn't make the effort to help you.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
There is some support
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
It is good that we have exams as we learn and work to improve our understanding
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There is regular football and some events outside of work but are minimum that are suitable for an apprentice
9a. Would you recommend Barnett Waddingham to a friend?
Its a growing company that is good to work for. Everyone is every nice and very helpful.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Barnett Waddingham?
Read up on the company and make sure the apprentice program is suitable for you personally. Be enthusiastic and be prepared. Be prepared to do anything when an apprentice.