1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
General commercial responsibilities for a main contractor including Procurement, Contract Assembly/Negotiation, Valuations, Sub-Contractor Variations, Client Variations and Site Work
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
My organisation has improved, also my knowledge of construction.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Thoroughly Enjoy the Programme
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The company is run well and has started investing more in the training/learning side of the company.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive all the support I require from my line manager and above.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Very good support. Lecturers are very helpful and responsive when a query is sent via email.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I believe my Construction knowledge has vastly improved through the training.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Lots of social activities with the team and attending sporting events.
9a. Would you recommend Midgard to a friend?
Very good company to work for, who are on the rise. The support received by Commercial staff is excellent. Very good opportunity for promotions.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Midgard?
The harder you work the further the company will bring you.