1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role requires me to manage and evaluate kitchen based training programmes, and manage a training academy.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, Commercial Awareness, Data Interrogation and analysis, further understanding of people management techniques, IT skills and organisational development.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Very much so, good to network with other HR professionals and understand the wider HR remit
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well structured. The online portal provides good oversight to how the programme is structured, it gives me clear deadlines and helps me ensure the expectations are met
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
As much as required. My line manager and colleagues are on hand as required and I have regular formal 1 to 1's to discuss my development
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
As much as required, they have made it clear as to how they can support me, the best methods of communication and also booked structured reviews in with me.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
It provides me with an opportunity to look at my role with a different perspective, understand the wider remit of the HR function and build rapport with other professionals.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
9a. Would you recommend Mitchells & Butlers to a friend?
M&B offers opportunities to fulfill your career aspirations, and is full of great people to work with.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mitchells & Butlers?
Be yourself - Who you are is just as important as the skills you have.