1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role at thebigword is to manage and administrate the quality assurance on multiple accounts for thebigword. This includes quality assessments, results handing and administrative tasks. I also help with delegating tasks to other members of staff.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes! absolutely. I have learnt a lot from working here and my skills have developed so much and i have learnt so many new ones and i still am every single day.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy doing my apprenticeship because Babington help me out massively and i can trust them to be there whenever i need support.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I would say my programme is fairly structured. After i was allocated a new tutor we have managed to work together to get back on track and work with each other to know where i am at and my gap analysis is.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer helps me out a lot, we have monthly apprentice meetings to talk about that specifically, My line manager always gives me as much time as i need to, to complete tasks.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I receive a lot of support, we have regular communication with each other and she is always there to help out when needed.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I think that it helps because i get to understand the skills that i am learning and what it is setting me up for. When i do my tasks every month my provider will always make me understand why i am doing it and what it will help me achieve.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Sometimes but not many.
9a. Would you recommend The Big Word to a friend?
I would recommenced this company because there are so many opportunities within the company.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to The Big Word?
Be yourself, express your self and understand what the company does and what it wants to achieve before applying.