1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Running shifts in the warehouse, ensuring the safety of the team and maintaining the work levels of all individuals. Planning ahead for the following shifts and ensuring our customers requirements are met.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
MY communication skills have come a long way since the start of the course and I'm better at time management.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the workshops very much as having a ands on experience led by knowledgeable people has helped with my understanding.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
From a planning point of view my company have helped with a lot. when it comes to coursework it's been largely self lead.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
A fair amount. my skills coach has been useful to a certain extent but the constant changed to their online portal have been pretty disruptive. especially when they haven't been explained to the learners.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I find it easier to have the more challenging conversations now and put my opinion across better to not only the team but also my superiors.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Very few and far between
9a. Would you recommend Gist Ltd to a friend?
the politics of working in this industry outway the positives from it.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Gist Ltd?
It's a good company from a lot of view points but be prepared to "play the game" if you would like progression.