Mental Health Support Worker at NHS South London

Degree Apprenticeship
March 2020

8.2/10

This role involves the caring of mental health patient on how to support them toward their recovery. Assisting patients with personal care, daily activities on the ward, feeding, social inclusion - helping them to fill form housing, college and employment. My responsibilities on the ward are Shadowing during medication Shift Coordinating Admission process Writing care plan and risk assessment

Yes. Have learnt to administer medication, ECG, Handover, ward round, vital signs, admission, care plan, risk assessment, Mental Health section papers, Referral to care coordinators, dietitian.

I enjoyed different placement area especially community teams. It has made me to be proactive on my role and to give better quality of care.

The programme is well organise and I have lots of support from my educational team and has well has my placement mentors and colleagues.

99 percentage my employer are always there to give me the right support that I needed and also gave me one the supernumerary day for me to catch with my university work.

Limited support because our study day is one day a week which is not enough for us to study.

Yes, it helps me to perform better in my role by been proactive with my work and taking leading role that makes me to support the team more.

Yes. Team away day, reflective meetings, business meeting

9a. Would you recommend NHS South London to a friend?

Because the Trust is very supportive and gives the best care to the patients.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to NHS South London?

My trust provides better quality of care.