Apprentice at M&G

March 2020

Connect with M&G

7.4/10

1. Please give an overview of what your work experience involved:

Students from scottish schools interested in business apprenticeships at M&G participated in workshops and heard from a number of thé organisation staff about what opportunities are available.

2. What training and skills development did you learn from your work experience?

We mainly worked in the same groups so developed communication skills. We also took part in workshop game which required problem solving.

3. To what extent did you enjoy your work experience?

I enjoyed the majority of the work experience however the end part about the application dragged in a bit.

4. How well organised was your work experience?

The organisational skills that took to plan the day was amazing, everything ran perfectly

5. How much did you learn about the company culture and what it would be like to work there?

I was so shocked I was expecting suits and a formal workplace. I was impressed and makes me think a less formal workplace is a good idea.

6. How much did your work experience help you in deciding on your future career path?

I have decided against an apprenticeship as I would like to study at university due to the workload being smaller which allows me to work and travel aswell as study.

7. Were you paid or reimbursed for this experience?

No, and because I am from Renfrewshire it cost me a lot on travel.

8. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees?

We got to meet a large range of staff from different departments but not staff that were actually working.

9a. Would you recommend M&G to a friend?

The workplace seemed like a social enjoyable place to work with lots of development opportunities and support.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to M&G?

Just be open minded, volunteer at the workshop, give answers out.