Funeral Arranger at Co-op

Seaford
March 2020

Connect with Co-op

3.9/10

I arrange funerals. I liaise with third parties such as crematoriums, doctors and hospitals. I also am responsible for admin such as invoicing, paperwork etc.

As I am completing my apprenticeship on the job, I am finding it easier due to most things in my apprenticeship I have already learnt.

I don't enjoy doing the apprenticeship work. I find it tedious, and its not something that is interactive, which makes it boring.

It is fairly well organized, and I have a great coach who is a major help to me when I need her.

My manager is supporting me more now. She is very understanding towards my feeling of the apprenticeship.

My coach is very supportive, and is always at the end of an email if I need her.

As I said previously, the course is not always aimed at my specific job role, and as I am doing it whilst doing my job I am finding that I know a lot of the information that is being given to me.

Minimal. We do have community events that we try and get involved in.

9a. Would you recommend Co-op to a friend?

You do not feel like you are listened to at the coop. It always feels as if they are using you to be a sales person, when most of us disagree with that. My job description was not what I am expected to do day to day. I don't feel the support from higher management, and they only care about figures. We are underpaid and under appreciated.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Co-op?

Make sure you are prepared.