1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I arrange funerals. I liaise with third parties such as crematoriums, doctors and hospitals. I also am responsible for admin such as invoicing, paperwork etc.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
As I am completing my apprenticeship on the job, I am finding it easier due to most things in my apprenticeship I have already learnt.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I don't enjoy doing the apprenticeship work. I find it tedious, and its not something that is interactive, which makes it boring.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It is fairly well organized, and I have a great coach who is a major help to me when I need her.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My manager is supporting me more now. She is very understanding towards my feeling of the apprenticeship.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
My coach is very supportive, and is always at the end of an email if I need her.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
As I said previously, the course is not always aimed at my specific job role, and as I am doing it whilst doing my job I am finding that I know a lot of the information that is being given to me.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Minimal. We do have community events that we try and get involved in.
9a. Would you recommend Co-op to a friend?
You do not feel like you are listened to at the coop. It always feels as if they are using you to be a sales person, when most of us disagree with that. My job description was not what I am expected to do day to day. I don't feel the support from higher management, and they only care about figures. We are underpaid and under appreciated.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Co-op?
Make sure you are prepared.
More from Co-opMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!