1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I’d say my role was to look after customers needs and to complete daily tasks in store and to beat targets.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have built up on confidence and I have learnt new skills when completing task in store. I have also become more aware of my surroundings.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I have enjoyed my apprenticeship as I have got along well with my team and settled in very well and just enjoyed my experience.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My programme was very organised as there was a number of modules and task for me to complete throughout my journey and my apprenticeship lady came in every 4 weeks to keep me up to date with work and to see how I was getting along which was very helpful
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I got a lot of support from my employer as if I needed any help with anything I could always count on my employer to guide me throughout the way.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I received a lot of help from my training provider as if there was any questions or task that o didn’t understand or if I sent my training off I’d get feedback when I’ve gone wrong and I can improve on.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
When completing training it helped me perform better as I’m learning all about my role and how to do things and what to do.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There aren’t any extra curricular activities the only one sort of like one is when you do well in store you can get entered into a competition and you can win stuff.
9a. Would you recommend Superdrug to a friend?
It’s such a good sector to be in as the team is so lovely and I enjoyed my time working with everyone and helping customers out and it just makes you a happier and more confident person.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Superdrug?
I’d just say always ask for help if your stuck or are in need of help as everyone needs help sometimes don’t be afraid to ask as none is there to judge you, your learning, and just be yourself.