1. Please give an overview of what your work experience involved:
My work experience involved having an Introduction to M&G, giving us an overview on what they do. Followed by learning about 3 teams which I was placed in. These teams were Investment Services Operations, Equities and Multi Asset Portfolio Management.
2. What training and skills development did you learn from your work experience?
I developed my teamwork skills as I worked with the other work experience students on a project. Where we answered a questions on ethical investments and presented. I also developed my communication skills by speaking to all different managers and employees at M&G.
3. To what extent did you enjoy your work experience?
I enjoyed my work experience at M&G very much, as it enabled me to get an insight on the company. As well as all employees at M&G we’re very welcoming and happy to help whenever it was needed.
4. How well organised was your work experience?
5. How much did you learn about the company culture and what it would be like to work there?
I learnt so much about M&Gs company culture and what it would be like to work there. All employees were very friendly and happy to help. Employees are allowed to dress how they want and are allowed to work around the building and not always at desk.
6. How much did your work experience help you in deciding on your future career path?
My work experience helped me decide that I definitely do not want to go to university. As M&G offer a wide variety of apprenticeships in many different teams, which I something I am considering for my future career path.
7. Were you paid or reimbursed for this experience?
We were reimbursed for our travel.
8. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees?
There were many opportunities for networking and meeting other employees, as while we were with our managers for the afternoon we got to meet their teams. As well as current M&G apprentices, where they explained about the application process and what there roles our.
9a. Would you recommend M&G to a friend?
I would recommend M&G to anyone as it is a very welcoming company, who provide many opportunities to all their employees.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to M&G?
To anyone applying for M&G, ensure you research their missions and values. As well as your job role so you know that it’s the best company and role for you.
More from M&GMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!