1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
-Trainee Fleet Underwriter -Logging quotes onto our systems -Reading through broker presentations/reviewing the risk -Loading the risk onto systems in order to find a premium -Discuss premiums with trainer to see if the risk is worth that premium and any alterations we can make -Also taking part in charity events with other apprentices and graduates
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
-Communication -Confidenence -Computer skills -Gaining qualifications
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
-A lot, the different opportunities to work in different areas of underwriting -The ability to gain qualifications -The amazing team I work in -The every day work I do
4. How valued do you feel by Aviva?
-Very, the opportunity to gain qualifications -The people who I work closest to, value the help I am providing
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
-The programme is structured but is also quite flexible in that you can complete training in your own time.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
-I get a lot of support from both my manager and my trainer. -I also receive a lot of support from other Fleet Underwriters in my office and I feel very comfortable when I every need to ask anything.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
-My manager offers a lot of support in both my work and also in my training etc. -She will notify me when any opportunities for development arise.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
-Travel costs are my main outgoing and my salary covers this well.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
-There are a lot of opportunities not linked to my everyday work on the apprenticeship programme -There are also a few opportunities with the CII Membership
9. Would you recommend Aviva to a friend?
-Aviva are a good company and support the people they employ -I have found that everyone is easy to get on with -Getting qualifications while working on the job
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aviva?
-Try and get some experience beforehand -Prepare for the assessment day
More from AvivaMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!