1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
High voltage switchgear maintenance and substation inspections. Carried out on one of the largest distribution networks in the South of England. Also working for supply restoration.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, I have learnt lots of new skills and gained a lot of experience.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Yes very enjoyable. I look forward to facing new challenges daily and learning new skills.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Yes well organised overall, with clear learning objectives.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
There is plenty of support from my employer and also from my fellow employees.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
There is plenty of support and learning materials on the course.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
Yes it helps immensely to understand the job role and what is required.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
No unfortunately there are not any extra - curricular activities available.
9a. Would you recommend SSE to a friend?
Overall it is a great programme and provides good life long career skills in a well paid industry with plenty of scope for advancement.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to SSE?
Be open minded to safety and learning new skills. Be positive and aim towards long term goals.
More from SSEMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!