1. Please give an overview of what your work experience involved:
I was part of the HR team for a week. I was able to shadow each team such as ER, recruitment etc. I was given some admin tasks to work on. Generally I had a great experience and everyone was very helpful
2. What training and skills development did you learn from your work experience?
I learned how to use certain systems in order to, for instance log in training for employees. I was taught how to scan cvs and choose the right ones for the job. Generally I learned more about the job and the day to day tasks.
3. To what extent did you enjoy your work experience?
The work experience was very insightful and I enjoyed it very much. The working environment and culture were amazing and everyone so helpful and welcoming.
4. How well organised was your work experience?
It was very well organised. I had a weekly schedule that was also divided into hours. I knew exactly what I would do everyday and with which person.
5. How much did you learn about the company culture and what it would be like to work there?
From the introduction I learned so much about the company and the history. On a daily bases I experienced the culture and the people of Fortnum & Mason. Personally, I think the working environment is amazing and doesn’t feel intimidating.
6. How much did your work experience help you in deciding on your future career path?
After the work experience I am more confident in my choice to pursue a career in HR
7. Were you paid or reimbursed for this experience?
I was reimbursed for my travel expenses and had a free lunch.
8. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees?
There were so many opportunities to network and that goes back to the welcoming environment. It was easy to talk to people and learn about their own experience
9a. Would you recommend Fortnum & Mason to a friend?
I would recommend because I had a great experience, the working environment was very welcoming and there are opportunities for people that would like to work in the head office or the store
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Fortnum & Mason?
Don’t stress about joining the company because they will make you feel comfortable. Be open to meeting new people and learning from them. Be yourself and do your best.
More from Fortnum & MasonMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!