1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Using Excel Spreadsheets to complete various reports
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
CIMA qualification Accounting and Finance knowledge
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
it is challenging. I like my colleagues but they are largely much older than me so as a result i can't relate to them personally or form friendships with colleagues. As the youngest person on my team i often end up being 'tech support' for people in the team.
4. How valued do you feel by Civil Service?
As a government employee I feel very disposable. I am aware that my future career can be disrupted by the whims of politicians.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
not very. I didn't even receive my contract until i had been working for 3 months. I had no idea what my role was going to be until a few days before i started.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
a lot of support, there is online resources and mentors and other apprentices who i can contact.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
If i need support it is there, there is a dedicated team working with the apprentices in HR
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary is great and was the main reason i applied.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9. Would you recommend Civil Service to a friend?
the pay is great and the career opportinities are there. however you have to be okay with working with a lot of people triple your age.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Civil Service?
a lot of applicants don't finish the application process, they miss assesment deadlines or dont turn up to interview days. you can increase your chances significantly by just completing the process.
More from Civil ServiceMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!