Finance Apprentice at Civil Service

Connect with Civil Service

5 /10

Using Excel Spreadsheets to complete various reports

CIMA qualification Accounting and Finance knowledge

it is challenging. I like my colleagues but they are largely much older than me so as a result i can't relate to them personally or form friendships with colleagues. As the youngest person on my team i often end up being 'tech support' for people in the team.

4. How valued do you feel by Civil Service?

As a government employee I feel very disposable. I am aware that my future career can be disrupted by the whims of politicians.

not very. I didn't even receive my contract until i had been working for 3 months. I had no idea what my role was going to be until a few days before i started.

a lot of support, there is online resources and mentors and other apprentices who i can contact.

If i need support it is there, there is a dedicated team working with the apprentices in HR

The salary is great and was the main reason i applied.

9. Would you recommend Civil Service to a friend?

the pay is great and the career opportinities are there. however you have to be okay with working with a lot of people triple your age.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Civil Service?

a lot of applicants don't finish the application process, they miss assesment deadlines or dont turn up to interview days. you can increase your chances significantly by just completing the process.