Surveyor at Consil

Faringdon
Degree Apprenticeship
February 2020

3.6/10

I often amend or write first draft notices for either Party Wall documents or Right To Light reports. I sometimes research properties and find their relevant planning information. Otherwise I go out on site very occasionally and do a lot of the admin for the company.

Given my relatively low knowledge and experience within the industry I have progressed very positively. I have learnt much about Party Wall and Rights To Light and I have collectively learnt about many of the tasks a surveyor must undertake.

I enjoy some days more than others. I believe that I could be given more experience on site and that I could help more with the Surveyors technical roles. I enjoy going on site and working on reports. I do not enjoy the admin side of the role.

I have been given some basic objectives very late into the programme. I do not believe there is any set structure for me as an apprentice otherwise.

My employer certainly looks to help me in gaining some experience of the role I will later be fulfilling. Otherwise I am often left to get on with whatever work needs to be done.

None.

I greatly enjoy the degree I am working toward. To a small degree I belive some of what I learn can be applied to my role.

There have been a few. These include eating out, One CPD and going out for drinks a small number of times.

9a. Would you recommend Consil to a friend?

My day to day role is beneficial with regard to me gaining experience in the industry. However I do not believe it is established enough to focus fully on a structured scheme for another apprentice/friend.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Consil?

If you are willing to work hard and maintain a kind, polite and social way of working, you will do well in applying for this company.