People Advisor at Co-op

Manchester
February 2020

Connect with Co-op

5.5/10

People Advisor - supporting the business through enabling the operators. Attending meetings - viewing analysing MI. Governance and ER cases.

Completing CIPD alongside the apprenticeship. Attended IGD run courses.

We have had a provider change so not started the apprenticeship yet - The CIPD is interesting although mentally challenging to complete whilst working full time.

The ICS CIPD content is excellent - The apprenticeship is lacking in support at present. The tutor has made herself known but limited contact since.

Generally support is good - the job role is challenging and impacts on learning time. The employer does make consideration for this but it is difficult.

ICS has been very good - Poor support at the moment from apprentice provider

It has already had an impact to my thought process which has positively supported my role.

No - unless you are based in HO all the time

9a. Would you recommend Co-op to a friend?

I love its values are different to competitors and they support the communities with which we operate in.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Co-op?

Do it - but expect job roles to consistently change. The business is developing and requires its employees to do the same.