1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
People Advisor - supporting the business through enabling the operators. Attending meetings - viewing analysing MI. Governance and ER cases.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Completing CIPD alongside the apprenticeship. Attended IGD run courses.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
We have had a provider change so not started the apprenticeship yet - The CIPD is interesting although mentally challenging to complete whilst working full time.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The ICS CIPD content is excellent - The apprenticeship is lacking in support at present. The tutor has made herself known but limited contact since.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Generally support is good - the job role is challenging and impacts on learning time. The employer does make consideration for this but it is difficult.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
ICS has been very good - Poor support at the moment from apprentice provider
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
It has already had an impact to my thought process which has positively supported my role.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
No - unless you are based in HO all the time
9a. Would you recommend Co-op to a friend?
I love its values are different to competitors and they support the communities with which we operate in.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Co-op?
Do it - but expect job roles to consistently change. The business is developing and requires its employees to do the same.
More from Co-opMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!