- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
- 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
- 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
- 9a. Would you recommend CBRE to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to CBRE?
I am currently in the Rating and Taxation team. My role includes: - Property Inspections - Client meetings - Business development - Check, Challenge, Appeal System - Reviewing property portfolios for business rates opportunities
I have developed the following skills: - Client communication - Understanding of business rates and the types of reliefs that can be granted - Measurement of buildings - Knowledge on how to use the check, challenge, appeal system
I enjoy the programme as I have the opportunity to rotate in to four different teams. This means I am able to develop knowledge in four different sectors of surveying and enables me to network with colleagues on a wider basis.
The team I am currently working with and the apprenticeship programme is structured well.
The main support is received from other apprentices within the business but I am aware of who I can go to for support if it is required.
The rotation scheme is a perfect way to understand the different types of surveying. This provides well rounded knowledge that helps to becoming a qualified surveyor. It also helps to understand which sector you would like to work in permanently. Also, CBRE provide many networking opportunities.
Don't let the size of the company or the application process scare you. Be yourself, be outgoing, bring new ideas and don't be afraid to ask questions. The company is all about growing their staff and everyone is on board to help you develop your career.
Degree Apprenticeship / Sponsored Degree (Level 6/7)