- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
- 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
- 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
- 9a. Would you recommend CBRE to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to CBRE?
I am a quantity surveyor/ cost consultancy. So we are involved in costing up buildings, from new fit outs to refurbishment. We deliver cost reports and contracts on the projects. I am an MEP so I deal with the mechanical, electrical and power part of costing.
Yes, I’ve learnt how to use new programs such as CAD measures. This is where the drawings go for us to be able to measure and scale them up.
To a high extent I enjoy my programme. CBRE deliver a fantastic opportunity and a variety of job roles to be tested before you find the right one. This is why there rotation scheme is so popular.
It is organised pretty well. They have regular meetings with junior boards and committee teams. Everyone can air any concerns or problems they have.
I receive a lot of support in both academic and work place. Both my team and the next gen team are available to contact whenever with any queries.
They are forums which are available to you so that you can contact tutors and other students for help. Also you have a mentor and support guidance to help with any problems. They also have check ups to see how you are handling everything.
It gives a better understanding of how things run in the work place and why we do / need certain things.
Yes, there are all of the above available. We have netball teams, a sports day etc. Also have socials/ networking events regularly with internal and external employees to gain further connections.
It is a place with so many opportunities and will help you grow/ achieve many goals. You gain a degree full paid for and work experience all at once. It is the best way to learn.
Be confident. Be yourself. And never hold back a question you have.
Degree Apprenticeship / Sponsored Degree (Level 6/7)