1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role is in Customer Service and I am an executive. My daily job involves interaction with customer taking inbound calls or making outbound ones, and replying to emails. I am working for the Majors Team and we deal with the Majors customer in I&C department in British Gas.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt how to use systems such as SAP CRM/SAP ISU, I have improved my skills in using Excel and Outlook. I have learnt how to interact with customers through emails and calls and how to manage my workflow
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I have had the change to meet a lot of different people and learn from their experiences which helps me in improving my knowledge. I am quite happy we have had the chance to change teams and departments thanks to the rotation scheme.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My apprenticeship is well structured. We have time for training and our personal and professional development, and we have time to do the proper job and learn everyday how to improve our customer service
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A lot of people support me every day: my team, my manager, my colleagues. If I have a problem or a question, I know I can ask everyone and they will help me. I feel supported a lot from the organisation.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
My training provider are well prepared and they always have an answer to my questions. They update us and they organise workshops/meeting to help us in learning and improving our knowledge/skills.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I know I have a goal to reach and I want to get my qualification, so that I can demonstrate that I have acquired the right skills necessary to deliver a great customer service.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
I have participated to a volunteering day which was great. We always organise activities in the office, like quiz or team work activities, which help us in learning while we enjoy the activities with other people.
9a. Would you recommend Centrica British Gas to a friend?
The organisation is great, there are a lot of job opportunities/promotions/recognitions and I feel appreciated and valued by my managers and colleagues. The company offers good opportunities to grown on a personal and professional level.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Centrica British Gas?
The application process is straight forward. All the information are provided before the interview and you have time to prepare it as you are well supported by the organisation. There are a lot of job opportunities or graduate scheme that help you in finding your path.