1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role as CAD Administrator is to help the CAD Manager with the day to day running of the department. This included monitoring our mailbox along with actioning any queries, communicating with our internal and external stakeholders and helping to manage the department’s work flow system. As well as this I also ensure that all drawings that are produced in our office are recorded.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Prior to starting my apprenticeship I had never done any work on budgets, finance, project management or personal development. All of this has been really informative and has definitely helped me with my work. I have also enhanced my knowledge of all of the different laws and legislations around the work place.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I have really enjoyed my apprenticeship programme. It has vastly helped improve and refresh my knowledge of the business administration environment. Prior to commencing this employment I had spent nearly 4 years working in health and social care. Completing (nearly) this apprenticeship has been the perfect way to learn and bring my knowledge back up to scratch.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I have found my programme very well organised. There has always been a steady flow of activities for me to be completing in between visits from my trainer. Having regular meeting with my training (mostly face to face with a couple of additional telephone meetings) has been really helpful too.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I have received a good level of support from my employer. From supporting me when I enquired about what training options we available to me, when I enrolled onto my apprenticeship and during my programme too. When there have been sections of activities that I haven't been sure of my line manager has always helped where they could.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I have received brilliant support from my training provider (including my trainer). My trainer has always been accommodating when scheduling our meetings. They have also been very responsive whenever I have had any queries. Whenever my trainer has been on annual leave they have always ensure I have an alternative point of contact should I need anything in their absence.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I feel that my qualification helps me to perform better in my role a substantial amount. It has helped me to gain a better understanding of the wider business as well as the sector we sit within.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There aren't any extra-curricular activities to get involved in at work.
9a. Would you recommend Amey Consulting to a friend?
Supportive company with many opportunities.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Amey Consulting?
Research the company as a whole and make sure you thoroughly research the contract you are hoping to join.