1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Inspection, testing and maintenance of electrical apparatus, e.g. motors, switchgear, etc
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, furthered mathematics understanding Developed understanding of electricity and electrical equipment Further understanding of supply, transmission and distribution of electicity, further understanding of the electrical grid and its parts. Further understanding in electrical generation
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Nescol has been helpful in teaching and assisting with knowledge and progress towards qualifications.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I have not yet completed my qualification
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Coffee club Foosball Works nights out
9a. Would you recommend SSE to a friend?
Decent company, fair treatment
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to SSE?
More from SSEMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!