1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Job role is an Engineer but perform as a technician/admin staff. Days split between CAD drawings and document control.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Became competent on CAD software.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Not very much at all, stereotypical apprenticeship role where you are dealt all of the worst jobs that nobody wants to do as you're cheap labour. Not very well respected my colleagues.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very poor almost a year into my programme and no relationship between training provider and company, Not had one progress meeting and the company offers no time for off-the-job learning. Company very un aware of apprenticeship programme and guidelines
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Minimal, lectures aren't of the best quality but there are some lecturers responsive to queries and there to offer help.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
My role requires nothing from my qualification
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
I am part of the climbing club at the office.
9a. Would you recommend Atkins to a friend?
poorly organised apprenticeship and not a supporting working environment.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Atkins?
Check that they are confident with the layout of the programme and want you to be engaged with work other than just cheap labour