Track Engineering Apprentice at Transport for London

Acton, London, UK
January 2020

Connect with Transport for London

10 /10

Currently I attend a training centre learning several different areas of engineering covering a wide range of different skills that are very beneficial to the work that I need to complete. I complete both practical and theory based work including data sheets from the tests that I complete during the practical work. This teaches me a wide range of new skills through the tasks.

I have learnt lots of new skills while being here that I did not have before I started which has been very beneficial to me. I have learnt lots of new engineering hand skills which will benefit me later on while I am working out in the business on placement.

I really enjoy the current programme that I am currently on and enjoy learning on the new skills that are presented in front of me.I have learnt lots of new skills while being here that I did not have before I started which has been very beneficial to me.

Imagine yourself working at Transport for London

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 11 roles at Transport for London

The programme that I am currently on is very well organised and has been structured in way that maximises the learning experience for everyone. This means that I can learn the most skills possible at my time here and have varied learning experience between practical work and knowledge based theory.

From my employer I receive the support where necessary to help me improve and progress with my work provided. Any work that I am struggling with I can confidently ask for help and support to further my knowledge and understanding of the topic that I am working on at that time.

When working towards my qualification I receive lots of support and guidance to help me understand what the next step is.hat I am struggling with I can confidently ask for help and support to further my knowledge and understanding of the topic that I am working on at that time.

The qualification that I am completing and that is delivered by my training provider helps me to perform better in my role. All the training that I am being provided with and taught is beneficial to the work that I will be completing when out on placement in the work place.

There are extra curricular activities to get involved with while at work. There are lots of opportunities to volunteer to help support my company and help others to get involved with the work that I am completing. these opportunities are always important to undertake and challenge yourself with completing to help progress.

9a. Would you recommend Transport for London to a friend?

I would recommend this company as they provide an excellent level of training and always have opportunities to help benefit you both in your personal and work life. the company have greatly supported from starting my working career with them and I will continue to take any opportunities that I can.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Transport for London?

Advice that I would give to any one applying for a role at this company is to always try your best, always 110% effort when completing any applications. Have a passion for the role that you are applying for to show that it is genuine that you want to go into that role.