Test and Commission Tech at Siemens

Coventry
£1 monthly
January 2020

Connect with Siemens

I am a test and commission engineer, this involves commissioning substations and feeder stations onto the Network Rail infrastructure.

When I came to Siemens I knew nothing about the railway. Now I have completed my apprenticeship I know everything I need to know to go out on my own as a test and commission engineer.

I enjoyed my program, Siemens was fairly new to the apprenticeship program and has now grown into a fantastic company to go through the scheme with. there are lots of different options and job roles which you are encouraged to try.

Imagine yourself working at Siemens

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 20 roles at Siemens

At the beginning it was poor but has now come on leaps and bounds.

I have received a fantastic level of support from the company and they have always been helpful and done their best to meet all of my needs.

This has been a slightly rough road as we have had multiple issues with the collages but the company has always done their best to help us through the issues.

The things I have learned with Siemens are the reason I am able to do my job today. I struggled with the college work as I felt it was too vague and didn't really match my job.

There are always opportunity to take part in events outside of work.

9a. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend?

Siemens is a great company that have supported me over the last five years and are continuing to do so as I now continue into a full time job role.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens?

Siemens look for people who can do abit of everything and are willing to try new things. You need to be a good communicator and ambitious.