1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I book meeting regularly. I stock check anything we order in. I order items in from request and also when stock is running low. I help facilitate meetings and help other teams and functions run smoothly. I work in an office so it's all to do with office work.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
While I have worked here at Syngenta, I have definately improved my communication skills by talking verbally and by written communication with employees and external customers. My language skills have improved also as I'm now working in the real world.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I thoroughly enjoy my job role here at Syngenta which not many people can say they enjoy coming to work. My college work is also practical which I can relate to what I'm doing at work.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme I'm on is very well organised as we work towards deadlines of college work and my training programme is in detail and has a lot on it. We also have our own L&D department with two apprentice managers that I can go to regarding any concerns.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The support I get is fantastic, if I ever have any issues or problems I can raise them with no concern and there will always be someone to come help me.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I go to lessons at college once a month where we go through the work and topics for the following month so I can speak to my assessor in person then or I can ring her up whenever regarding concerns and she will help me as much as she can.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
At college we go through work and relate it to the workplace so after we've learnt about a topic, I pick it up more at work and actually understand why we do certain things at work.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
We have social nights every so often such as going bowling after work, going to the theatre, going on walks at lunch time. We put on days throughout the year to recognise staffs hard work by bringing on site things like a fish and chip van and a coffee stand.
9a. Would you recommend Syngenta to a friend?
I would 1000% reccomend Syngenta to a friend as it's such a welcoming place to work for and the people are so nice. In addition the benefits that come with the job are exceptional and I feel very lucky and grateful to have landed a job here.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Syngenta?
Make sure you talk about teamwork and any extra curricular activities you do. We love an intelligent person with good people skills that can talk to anyone with confidence. Make sure you also research the company beforehand so you know what you're actually applying for!