Apprentice at Siemens

Top Employer
York
January 2020

Connect with Siemens

I am an apprentice who is Currently full time at college, this includes HNC in electrical engineering. Also, I do a PEO which is practical based and an EPQ which is designing and manufacturing.

Yes, I have learned many new skills whilst at college such as, welding, machine work and continually learning mathematics and science subjects.

I am really enjoying my time at college, it is giving me a great insight into engineering work and I am enjoying the practical side of the programme too.

Imagine yourself working at Siemens

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 20 roles at Siemens

The programme is very structured and organised which is beneficial and has helped me immensely especially at the start of the programme to settle in.

My employer and line manager are continually supporting me when needed. I feel that I could go to them at anytime if I have any problems.

My training provider has also supported me when needed, they are always around to help and guide me in the correct direction.

I am at college full time at the moment so haven't experienced been out on site or in the office much, however, I do strongly feel that the practical experience will help me perform better in my role.

N/A

9a. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend?

Siemens is currently giving me a structured learning programme which will give me an understanding into all the different departments. This will enhance my engineering skills, knowledge and competence in preparation for a role within the company.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens?

Take your time before applying to Siemens to research the company to know exactly what they do and the benefits of the company that they can offer you as a potential employee.